What will your legacy will be for future generations?
For anybody who engages in the Southern New Jersey Jewish community, a legacy gift can help ensure that this community remains as vibrant and vital in years to come as it is today and has been for many past decades. When leaving a legacy, your gift will be added into an endowment fund with the JCF, which then spins off an annual payout to the beneficiary organization(s) of your choice, each year, for many future generations.
What's more, creating your Jewish legacy can be incredibly easy to do and can even cost you nothing during your lifetime.
Further, with the new LIFE & LEGACY PLUS initiative of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, and sponsored locally by SEI, which officially launched on April 1, 2023 and lasting for the next four years, you can help local Jewish organizations earn current incentive grant dollars.
Last but not least, your legacy gift will provide you with the joy of knowing that you will have an impact on countless community members for so many generations hence.
Here's How You Can Leave a Legacy Gift:
• Consider Your Philanthropic Interests: In which Jewish organization(s) in South Jersey are you involved? Perhaps you support the Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey and its family of agencies, a synagogue, and/or a day school. Each of these organizations play an important role in our community, and your legacy gift will provide annual support to them for future generations. We encourage you to meet with a member of a legacy team member of any of the 21 participating organizations (listed at bottom) or contact the JCF directly to have a meaningful conversation about leaving a legacy.
• Indicate Your Legacy Intentions: When you are ready, you may complete and submit a Letter of Intent that simply indicates which local Jewish organization(s) you choose to support with your legacy gift. It is not a legally-binding document, but does provide important guidance to the Jewish community of your philanthropic goals. Plus, as a result of your signed form, your selected organization(s) will qualify for a cash incentive, thanks to a grant from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
• Review Your Estate and Financial Plans: If not done so as of the time of submitting a Letter of Intent, consider your estate and financial plans to determine the best way to leave your legacy gift. Perhaps you decide to leave a gift in your will, which is the most common option, or you may also leave a percentage of your IRA or life insurance policy via beneficiary designations which you can update rather easily and at no cost. Other options exist as well. We encourage you to meet with your accountant, estate attorney, and/or financial advisor to determine what works best for your circumstances. (Note: the JCF does not provide tax, legal, or financial advice.)
• Formalize Your Gift: Following your Letter of Intent, once you do take the steps to formalize your gift, complete and return a Legacy Gift Confirmation form to your selected beneficiary organization(s) or to the JCF directly. This will show that your gift is in place and will help us recognize your generosity. In addition, your submission will qualify your selected beneficiary organization(s) with another cash incentive.
• Consider a Current Gift: Many donors opt to also give a current gift of cash or appreciated assets to start their legacy. There is no minimum amount, and gifts can even be spread out over many years. Know that your current gift will enable your beneficiary organizations to utilize your donation in subsequent years, so you can see your gift at work in the community. As with submitting a Letter of Intent and a Legacy Gift Confirmation form, your current gift will qualify for a matching gift to support your selected beneficiary organization(s).
We thank the following the organizations for participating in LIFE & LEGACY PLUS, and we look forward to four great years-- and beyond-- in growing legacy giving in SNJ:
Ready to Create Your Jewish Legacy?
We are confident that you'll find that leaving a legacy is easy to do and one of the most rewarding charitable gifts you can initiate. Please also know that there are no age, affiliation, or minimum gift requirements to participate; it's truly something anybody can accomplish and make a lasting impact on the community.
For any questions, please contact the JCF at 856-673-2528 or email@example.com.